Degrees & Certificates
Two-year, job-training degrees that prepare students for immediate employment.
Students take additional general education electives, making this a good option if
you intend to transfer to a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree program or may attend a
university in the future to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- Credits to complete: 90.0
- Estimated program length in quarters: Full Time - 6 | Part Time - 11 to 12
About the Program
We offer an Associate of Applied Science – Transfer (AAS-T) degree in Allied Health, perfect for advancing your education and career training in the healthcare field. This degree helps you land a career where you can earn promotions and salary increases. Or, you can continue into an applied bachelor’s degree.
As the healthcare industry evolves, Allied Health professions are essential for access to quality health care in Washington state. The associate degree in Allied Health helps you with career mobility by taking courses in science, math, intercultural communications and other academic and healthcare fields. This can lead to careers as specialists in management, medical sales and more.
Who Should Enroll?
The Associate of Applied Science – Transfer (AAS–T) degree in Allied Health is for many different types of students:
- Students who have already earned a healthcare certificate and want career advancement
- Students who are interested in starting a career in healthcare
- Students planning to pursue a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree program in Community Health & Education or Healthcare Services Management.
- Students accepted into the Respiratory Care or Dental Hygiene program (who will get a more specialized associate degree and continue on to earn a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Allied Health).
If you already have a healthcare certificate from a community or technical college, you can build on your credits to earn this flexible associate's degree. Email us at AlliedHealth.Central@seattlecolleges.edu
Two degrees for the price of one. Seattle Central now offers dual associate degree pathways so you can earn two associate degrees at the same time. Follow a guided pathway and you'll earn an AAS-T in Allied Health and an AA-DTA at the same time - in just 90 credits.
Dual Degree guided pathways include:
- AA-DTA + AAS-T in Allied Health (pdf)
- AA-DTA: Global Health Emphasis + AAS-T in Allied Health (pdf)
- AA-DTA: Equity & Social Justice Emphasis + AAS-T in Allied Health (pdf)
- AA-DTA + AAS-T in Allied Health pre-Physician Assistant Preparation Pathway (pdf)
There are several benefits to earning a dual degree:
- Save time and money by taking only the classes you need
- Build a solid foundation for BA, BS or BAS degrees
- Transfer your dual degree directly to a Seattle Central BAS program in Community Health & Education, including the pre-Physician Assistant option, or Healthcare Services Management
- Have lots of job choices when you start looking for work
Don’t be intimidated by hard work. At first your program might seem difficult, but never give up on your dreams and you’ll reach your goal.
Ready to Get Started?
If the associate degree in Allied Health sounds like a good fit, learn more about getting started.
Program lengths are estimates, not guarantees. For the most current program information, please check with the program contact.