Get Started in Sterile Processing
Ready to Enroll?
Whether you're an interested student or a healthcare professional looking to take that next step, it's never been easier to complete your career training in Sterile Processing.
Students enrolled in Seattle Central's Surgical Technology program will complete the course requirements for the Sterile Processing certificate during their first quarter. Learn more about enrolling in Surgical Technology.
- Be eligible for English 101 and Math 081
- Be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must have a HS diploma or GED
- Must attend a Sterile Processing information session
- Ability to get required immunizations, TB test, and a physical
- Eligible to work in the United States
How to get started
Beginning fall quarter you can have your name added to the waitlist to enroll in Sterile Processing. This one-quarter certificate begins spring quarter. To get started, follow the steps below.
If you do not meet the English and Math level entrance requirements you may still be able to enroll through I-BEST. With I-BEST, you attend the Sterile Processing program with two instructors and extra support. For more information and to enroll in I-BEST, Contact Claire Makins at 206.934.5459, Claire.Makins@seattlecolleges.edu or in the BTS Transitions Center on the main campus in Room BE3135.
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Complete the Sterile Processing questionnaire. Once this questionnaire has been processed by the advising office, you will receive a confirmation email that your name has been added to the waitlist.
- Attend a Sterile Processing information session as soon as possible.
For more information contact the Health Education Center at Alliedhealth.Central@seattlecolleges.edu or call 206.934.4347.