Get Started in Sterile Processing
Ready to Enroll?
Whether you're an interested student or a healthcare professional looking to take that next step, it's never been easier to complete your career training in Sterile Processing.
Students enrolled in Seattle Central's Surgical Technology program will complete the course requirements for the Sterile Processing certificate during their first quarter. Learn more about enrolling in Surgical Technology.
- Be eligible for English 101 and Math 081
- Applicant’s criminal background check must not return any red flags or discrepancies. Click here for a list of disqualifying crimes.
- Must have a HS diploma or GED
- Must attend a Sterile Processing information session
- Ability to get required immunizations, TB test, and a physical
- Eligible to work in the United States
How to get started
The spring quarter Sterile Processing program enrolls students from a waitlist. To have your name added to the waitlist, please follow the steps below:
- Complete the online application for Seattle Central College.
- Email the advising office at AdvisorCentral@SeattleColleges.edu and ask to be added to the waitlist for sterile processing. An advisor will confirm that you meet the program eligibility requirements and add you to the waitlist.
- Note: If you do not meet the English and Math level entrance requirements you may still be able to enroll through I-BEST. With I-BEST, you attend the Sterile Processing program with two instructors and extra support. For more information and to enroll in I-BEST, Contact Claire Makins at 206.934.5459, Claire.Makins@seattlecolleges.edu or in the BTS Transitions Center on the main campus in Room BE3135.
- Attend an information session. To receive a reminder email before the next information session, contact Alliedhealth.Central@seattlecolleges.edu
For more information contact the Health Education Center at Alliedhealth.Central@seattlecolleges.edu