Get Started in Sterile Processing
Ready to Enroll?
Whether you're an interested student or a healthcare professional looking to take that next step, it's never been easier to complete your career training in Sterile Processing.
Students enrolled in Seattle Central's Surgical Technology program will complete the course requirements for the Sterile Processing certificate during their first quarter. Learn more about enrolling in Surgical Technology.
- Be eligible for English 101 and Math 081
- Applicant’s criminal background check must not return any red flags or discrepancies. Click here for a list of disqualifying crimes.
- Must have a HS diploma or GED
- Must attend a Sterile Processing information session
- Ability to get required immunizations, TB test, and a physical
- Eligible to work in the United States
How to get started
Beginning fall quarter you can have your name added to the waitlist to enroll in Sterile Processing. This two-quarter certificate begins spring quarter. To get started, follow the steps below.
If you do not meet the English and Math level entrance requirements you may still be able to enroll through I-BEST. With I-BEST, you attend the Sterile Processing program with two instructors and extra support. For more information and to enroll in I-BEST, Contact Claire Makins at 206.934.5459, Claire.Makins@seattlecolleges.edu or in the BTS Transitions Center on the main campus in Room BE3135.
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and/or transcript review to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- After the advising office has approved you to begin Sterile Processing (see eligibility requirements), you will receive an email from the Sterile Processing program explaining your next steps.
For more information contact the Health Education Center at Alliedhealth.Central@seattlecolleges.edu or call 206.934.4347.