Get Started in Surgical Technology
Whether you’re an interested student or a healthcare professional looking to take that next step, it’s never been easier to complete your career training in Surgical Technology. At Seattle Central, you can earn an AAS-T degree in Surgical Technology. At the conclusion of the program, you will sit for the CST exam to earn your initial professional certification as a Surgical Technologist.
- Complete the online Surgical Technology application (available December - February).
- Complete all required prerequisites with at least a 2.0 GPA by the end of winter quarter in the year that you wish to begin (i.e. if starting in summer 2023, all prerequisites must be complete by the end of winter quarter 2023):
- AHE 168 Medical Terminology
- BIOL& 128 Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology or BIOL& 241 and BIOL& 242
- ENGL& 101 English Composition
- PSYC& 100 General Psychology OR PSYC& 200 Lifespan Psychology
- HUM 105 Intercultural Communications
- MATH& 146 Intro to Statistics OR MATH 136 Inferential Statistics (statway pathway)
- If prerequisites were completed at a different college, students must complete a transcript evaluation. Typically, it takes 6-8 weeks to complete a transcript evaluation.
- Applicants must be willing/able to obtain the required immunizations, TB test, and physical examination. Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for participation in the admissions interview (prior to the start of the program). Our clinical sites no longer accept vaccine declination for COVID-19, Influenza or Hepatitis B.
- Applicant’s criminal background check must not return any red flags or discrepancies. Click here for a list of disqualifying crimes.
- Surg Tech students are required to have health insurance while in the program.
Click here for more information about course planning.
Steps to Enroll
- Attend a Surgical Technology Information Session or contact the Healthcare & Human Services Division for more information (recommended).
- Confirm that you can perform essential functions (pdf) required for Surgical Technology students.
- Apply at Seattle Central College. In order to access the Surg Tech online application, you will need an active MySeattleColleges login.
- Transcript Evaluation (if applicable). Submit applicable official transcript(s) to the Admissions Office; then, complete the Incoming Transcript Evaluation form and submit it to the registration office.
- Complete the online Surgical Technology application (only available during application period.