Get Started in Surgical Technology
Whether you're an interested student or a healthcare professional looking to take that next step, it's never been easier to complete your career training in Surgical Technology. Here's how to get started with Seattle Central College:
Complete MATH 098, MATH 088, or MATH 092 (Statway path) or a higher level math course; OR test into a higher level math course.
Please note that for the AAS-T you will need to complete either of the statistic courses—MATH&146 or MATH 136. MATH 136 as part of the Statway pathway requires completion of MATH 092 with a grade of 2.0 or higher. MATH&146 requires completion of MATH 098 or MATH 088 with a grade of 2.5 or higher OR testing into a higher level math course.
Complete the other Prerequisite Courses with a 2.0 GPA or higher. Classes include AHE 168 Medical Terminology*; BIOL& 128 Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology*; PSYC& 100 General Psychology or PSYC& 200 Lifespan Psychology; ENGL& 101 English Composition I. More course planning.
* AHE 168 and BIOL& 128 must have been completed within the past 5 years.
Steps to Enroll
- Attend a Surgical Technology Information Session or contact the department for more information (optional).
- Confirm that you can perform essential functions (pdf) required for Surgical Technology students.
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Take the WONDERLIC and ALEKS placement tests, as needed.
- Complete the application procedure for Surgical Technology.
- Meet with an Advisor to create an education plan.