Get Started in Surgical Technology
Whether you’re an interested student or a healthcare professional looking to take that next step, it’s never been easier to complete your career training in Surgical Technology. At Seattle Central, you have the option of earning either a certificate of completion or an AAS-T degree in Surgical Technology. Here’s how to get started:
Complete MATH 098, MATH 088, or MATH 092 (statway path) or a higher level math course; OR test into a higher level math course.
Complete the prerequisite requirements for the certificate in Surgical Technology with at least a 2.0:
- AHE 168 Medical Terminology (5 credits)*
- BIOL& 128 Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology (5 credits)*
- ENGL& 101 English Composition (5 credits)
- PSYC& 100 General Psychology OR PSYC& 200 Lifespan Psychology (5 credits)
*AHE 168 and BIOL& 128 must have been completed within the past 5 years.
For the AAS-T in Surgical Technology, complete these two additional prerequisites with at least a 2.0:
- HUM 105 Intercultural Communications (5 credits)
- MATH& 146 Intro to Statistics OR MATH 136 Inferential Statistics (5 credits) **
** MATH 136 as part of the statway pathway requires completion of MATH 092 with a grade of 2.5 or higher OR testing into a higher level math course.
Steps to Enroll
- Attend a Surgical Technology Information Session or contact the Healthcare & Human Services Division for more information.
- Confirm that you can perform essential functions (pdf) required for Surgical Technology students.
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing for English and Math, and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Complete the online Surgical Technology application (only available during application period).