Healthcare Services Management - What You'll Learn
This Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Allied Health track will build on your experience in an allied health profession and academic preparation to give you the comprehensive skills necessary to become an accomplished professional in the Healthcare Services Management field. By the end of the program you will be able to:
- Evaluate social, behavioral and environmental factors that influence the context, efficiency and quality of healthcare delivery services.
- Analyze laws and regulatory policies related to healthcare organizations and determine organizational compliance.
- Create work schedules and supervise staff in a healthcare services environment.
- Apply research methods to select strategies, collect and manage data, evaluate programs and implement assessment.
- Manage the finances of a healthcare facility including patient fees and billing procedures.
- Organize and maintain service records to meet record–keeping requirements of healthcare facilities.
- Demonstrate effective communication and management skills.
- Resolve practical managerial issues and problems within healthcare organizations.
Learn more about course planning for the Healthcare Services Management program.