Allied Health - What You'll Learn
- Develop academic background in the health sciences so students can locate and understand theoretical underpinnings of their scope of practice or specialty within Allied Health.
- Appreciate the role of scientific inquiry and the changing nature of evidence–based medicine.
- Improve ability to work effectively as a member of health care teams and to better understand how Allied Health professions contribute to health care delivery.
- More effectively advocate on behalf of patients to diverse health care practitioners and patient care teams.
- Improve oral and written communications, spoken communication, critical thinking and quantitative analysis to reflect college mastery at the Associate of Applied Science level.
Learn more about course planning for the Allied Health: Generalist program.