Surgical Technology - Costs & Funding
Seattle Central College makes it easy to complete your education. With comparatively low tuition costs and plenty of financial aid resources, your degree or certification in Surgical Technology is right at your fingertips.
Tuition & Fees
The estimated costs for this program include:
- Photo ID Card (one–time fee)
- Student Activity Fee (per quarter)
- Transportation Management Fee (per quarter)
- Computer Lab Fee (per quarter)
- Universal Technology Fee (per quarter)
- Textbooks/Supplies $500
- Lab Fees (per quarter) $46
- Malpractice Insurance (varies) $19–$35 per quarter
- Clinical/Lab scrub uniform attire $100
- Professional Association membership and dues $50
- National Certification Exam package (included in Spring quarter tuition) $192
- Training Specific Supplies (Basic PK, instruments, etc.) $500
- National background check $52.50 (required for clinical placement)
- Clinical passport fee $50 (*Fee subject to change at the discretion of the Northwest Nursing Consortium)
- *Note: payment of clinical passport fee does not guarantee clinical placement.
A great value just got better for non-resident students! Seattle Central now offers an Out-of-State Tuition Waiver that significantly cuts tuition costs for qualifying students.
The Washington State Legislature sets tuition, which is subject to change. The Seattle Colleges District reserves the right to change any of its fees or charges without notice.
Students at Seattle Central College qualify for a number of federal grants and loans. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Loan (FAFSA) today to learn more about what opportunities may be available to you. Learn more and apply for aid.
Workforce Services can provide additional funding for tuition, books, transportation and other fees to qualifying students enrolled in a career-focused program. Emergency financial assistance is also available. Find out more.
Want to explore other funding options including using Veterans' Benefits, scholarship opportunities and more? Learn more about ways to pay for college.