Get Started in Respiratory Care
Whether you're an interested student or a healthcare professional looking to take that next step, it's never been easier to complete your career training in Respiratory Care. Here's how to get started with Seattle Central College:
- Complete a Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) and submit results for approval.
- Complete the Prerequisite Courses with a 2.0 GPA or higher. Classes include:
- BIOL& 160 General Biology
- BIOL& 241 Human Anatomy and Physiology I (must be within the past 5 years)
- BIOL& 242 Human Anatomy and Physiology II (must be within the past 5 years)
- BIOL& 260 Microbiology
- CHEM& 121 Introduction to Chemistry
- CHEM& 122/131 Organic Chemistry
- MATH& 146 Introduction to Statistics
- ENGL& 101 English Composition I
- ENGL& 102 Composition II
- PSYC& 100 General Psychology OR PSYC &200 Lifespan Psychology
- HUM 105 Intercultural Communication
- Additional 5 credit Visual, Literacy and Performing Arts (VLPA) class
Please note that BIOL& 241 and BIOL& 242 must be taken within 5 years of applying to the program. There are no time limits on the other prerequisite classes.
Steps to Enroll
- Attend a Respiratory Care Information Session (required).
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Meet with an Advisor to create an education plan.
- Apply to the Respiratory Care program.