Get Started with an Associate in Nursing Degree
Whether you're an interested student or a healthcare professional looking to take that next step, Seattle Central College's Associate in Nursing (AN–DTA/MRP) can prepare you for a career as a registered nurse (RN). Here's how to get started with Seattle Central College:
Eligibility Requirements for the Associate in Nursing (AN–DTA/MRP)
- Complete MATH 085, MATH 092 (Statway path) or a higher level math course; OR test into a higher level math class.
- Complete the Prerequisite Courses with a 2.5 grade or higher. Classes include BIOL& 160 General Biology; BIOL& 241 Human Anatomy and Physiology I; BIOL& 242 Human Anatomy and Physiology II; BIOL& 260 Microbiology; CHEM& 121 Introduction to Chemistry; MATH& 146 Introduction to Statistics; ENGL &101 English Composition I; PSYC& 100 General Psychology; PSYC &200 Lifespan Psychology.
Steps to Enroll
For specific information on application requirements, please refer to the Associate Degree Nursing Program Information Packet (pdf). If you have any questions not answered by the Program Information Packet, you may inquire at ADN.Central@seattlecolleges.edu or at 206.934.4123.
- Attend a Nursing Information Session to learn more about the program, which are offered quarterly. (Required to attend before applying to the program, and preferably before starting prerequisites).
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Apply for admission to the Associate in Nursing DTA/MRP program. Note, applications are due in September for a Winter Quarter admission, and in April for a Fall Quarter admission. You must meet all entrance requirements for your application to be considered.
- Once admitted, you will be notified of next steps.