Get Started in a Nursing Assistant Certificate
If you wish to obtain a Nursing Assistant Certificate, you must meet the following entrance requirements and complete the application process.
- Eligible for at least ENGL 096 and MATH 084, as demonstrated by the placement testing or transcript evaluation
- Pass a criminal background check
How to Get Started
Applications are accepted on a first–come, first–served basis for students who meet the entrance requirements. We begin accepting applications each year in January for our summer quarter program. Follow the steps outlined below to begin your application.
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Contact an Advisor at AdvisorCentral@seattlecolleges.edu or call 206.934.4068 to make an appointment to review your placement test scores and assess your program eligibility. Upon approval, an Advisor will provide you with the application.
- Apply to the program by completing the Allied Health application (available from the Advisor upon approval) and paying the $35 application fee at the Cashier's office.
- Submit your application and receipt to the Allied Health Division office (HEC 202) via email, fax, mail or drop off.
Accepted students will be required to attend an orientation in May, and have a physical examination, vaccinations or titers, TB tests and a background check before clinicals.