Get Started in a Nursing Assistant Certificate
If you wish to obtain a Nursing Assistant Certificate, you must meet the following entrance requirements and complete the application process.
- Eligible for at least ENGL 098 and MATH 087, as demonstrated by the placement testing or transcript evaluation
- Pass a criminal background check
- Attend a mandatory NA-C information session
How to Get Started
Applications are accepted on a first–come, first–served basis for students who meet the entrance requirements. We now accept applications for NA-C on an ongoing basis. Once your application has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email with your next steps.
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and/or transcript review to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements. You can contact an advisor at email@example.com.
On the NA-C page https://healthcare.seattlecentral.edu/programs/nursing-assistant-certified/get-started
- After the advising office has approved you to begin NA-C (See eligibility requirements), you will receive an email from the NA-C program explaining your next steps.
- Attend NA-C orientation (You will receive an invitation after completing the steps above).
Attend the mandatory NA-C orientation, where you will register for class. Bring your receipt from the cashier’s office.
Applicants are invited to attend orientation on a space-available basis.
In order to be placed in a clinical setting, you will need to have a physical examination, vaccinations or titers, TB tests and pass a criminal background check. You will receive more information about this requirement at NA-C orientation.