Get Started in Community Health & Education
Whether you're an interested student or a healthcare professional looking to take that next step, it's never been easier to complete your career training in Community Health and Education. Here's how to get started in this Bachelor of Applied Science in Allied Health degree in Community Health and Education at Seattle Central College:
- An allied health background, demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- A certificate of at least 10 credits in an allied health field from a regionally accredited institution
- An AAS–T / AAS degree in an allied health field from a regionally accredited institution
- A state–issued credential in an allied health field
- At least 1 year of work experience in an allied health field
- An associate's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with at least a 2.5 overall GPA.
- Acceptable degrees include the following: Associate of Applied Science–Transfer (AAS–T) or Associate of Science (AAS) degree in an Allied Health field, Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS), Associate in Business (AB), Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree.
- Need an associate degree? Learn more about our new dual degree pathways.
- All transcripts will be considered in determining program entry.
- Completion of ENGL& 101 Composition I with at least a 2.0.
- Math eligibility demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- Completion of MATH& 146 or another approved statistics class with a grade of at least 2.0 in the past 5 years, OR
- Current eligibility for MATH& 146 or MATH 136
Steps to Enroll
- Contact the Program Manager at AlliedHealthBAS@seattlecolleges.edu or attend a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree Information Session for more information.
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Apply now for the Community Health & Education program.
If you would like to complete the pre-Physician Assistant option of the Community Health and Education program, please visit the pre-Physician Assistant web page to learn about that program and complete the specific pre-Physician Assistant application instead.