Get Started in Surgical Technology
Whether you're an interested student or a healthcare professional looking to take that next step, it's never been easier to complete your career training in Surgical Technology. Here's how to get started with Seattle Central College:
- Complete MATH 085, MATH 092 (Statway path) or a higher level math course; OR test into a higher level math class.
- Complete the Prerequisite Courses with a 2.0 GPA or higher. Classes include AHE 168 Medical Terminology; BIOL& 128 Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology; PSYC& 100 General Psychology or PSYC& 200 Lifespan Psychology; ENGL& 101 English Composition I. Learn more.
Steps to Enroll
- Attend a Surgical Technology Information Session or contact the department for more information (optional).
- Confirm that you can perform essential functions (pdf) required for Surgical Technology students.
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Take the WONDERLIC and ALEKS placement tests, as needed.
- Complete the application procedure (pdf) for Surgical Technology.
- Meet with an Advisor to create an education plan.