Get Started in Community Health & Education
Whether you're an interested student or a healthcare professional looking to take that next step, it's never been easier to complete your career training in Community Health and Education. Here's how to get started in this Bachelor of Applied Science in Allied Health degree in Community Health and Education at Seattle Central College:
- An allied health background, demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- A certificate of at least 10 credits in an allied health field from a regionally accredited institution
- An AAS–T / AAS degree in an allied health field from a regionally accredited institution
- A state–issued credential in an allied health field
- At least 1 year of work experience in an allied health field
- An associate's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with at least a 2.5 overall GPA.
- Acceptable degrees include the following: Associate of Applied Science–Transfer (AAS–T) or Associate of Science (AAS) degree in an Allied Health field, Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS), Associate in Business (AB), Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree.
- Completion of ENGL& 101 Composition I with at least a 2.0.
- Math eligibility demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- Completion of MATH& 146 or another approved statistics class with a grade of at least 2.0 in the past 5 years, OR
- Current eligibility for MATH& 146 or MATH 136
Steps to Enroll
- Attend a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree Information Session or contact the department for more information (optional).
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Contact the Student Development Specialist, Hannah Markwardt, at Hannah.Markwardt@seattlecolleges.edu.
- Complete the Community Health and Education application (pdf).
New! We now offer a pre-Physician Assistant (pre-PA) option of this track! Contact the Allied Health department at AlliedHealthBAS@seattlecolleges.edu to learn more about the pre-PA option or with general questions about enrolling at Seattle Central.