Central Supply Processing - What You'll Learn
Certification in Central Supply Processing will provide the skills required for you to begin a professional career in healthcare, which include the ability to:
- Demonstrate understanding and perform entry–level central supply/instrument technician functions.
- Apply basic knowledge of microbiology and infection control when processing supplies and equipment.
- Apply the principles of aseptic technique in processing supplies and equipment.
- Apply the different types of sterilization and know when to use each appropriately.
- Demonstrate understanding and skills in supply, processing, distribution and the use and care of instruments.
- Demonstrate understanding of and ability to follow all safety regulations.
- Demonstrate understanding of and ability to maintain professional relationships in the work place.
- Demonstrate understanding of and ability to apply laws and ethics concerning the patient and work place personnel.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
Learn more about course planning for the Central Supply Processing program.